Financial Aid by the Numbers
Students admitted to the Class of 2023 who applied for aid with family incomes up to $160,000 typically pay no tuition.
- Approximately 61 percent of undergraduates receive financial aid.
- An estimated 187 million in grant funds will be awarded to over 3,200 undergraduates in 2019-20.
- The average grant for the Class of 2023 was $56,500, which covers 100 percent of Princeton tuition.
- For families making up to $65,000 per year, the aid package covers full tuition, residential college fee, room and board.
- 24 percent of students in the Class of 2023 receive Federal Pell Grants.
- For the Class of 2023, 100 percent of families making up to $180,000 per year qualified for financial aid.
- 82 percent of recent seniors graduated debt free. For seniors who borrowed, the average total indebtedness at graduation was $9,000.