Financial Aid by the Numbers
Students admitted to the Class of 2025 who applied for aid with family incomes up to $160,000 typically pay no tuition.
- Approximately 62 percent of undergraduates receive financial aid.
- An estimated 212 million in grant funds will be awarded to over 3,200 undergraduates in 2021-22.
- The average grant for the Class of 2025 was $62,200, which covers 100 percent of Princeton tuition.
- For families making up to $65,000 per year, the aid package covers full tuition, room, and board.
- 22 percent of the Class of 2025 is eligible for need-based Federal Pell Grants.
- For the Class of 2025, 100 percent of families making up to $180,000 per year qualified for financial aid.
- 83 percent of recent seniors graduated debt free. For seniors who borrowed, the average total indebtedness at graduation was $9,600.