Apply for Financial Aid

1.  Complete the Princeton Financial Aid Application (PFAA) on the Web, available October 1, 2016

                  Log in to the online application

The PFAA is free and easy to use for both U.S. and international applicants.  We recommend you download and review the instructions for applying for financial aid before you begin.

2. Upload a copy of your parents' 2015 tax return and W-2 statement

Once you submit the PFAA, you'll be able to upload tax documents.  If your parent(s) did not file a tax return, the Non-Filer Statement (with supporting documentation of any sources of income) should be submitted. 

3. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if you are a US citizen or permanent resident

The PFAA Online

Before completing the financial aid application online, you must register for a log-in account. For extra help in completing the application, check out our tips for applying for aid online.

If you choose to file the College Scholarship Service PROFILE form and release it for a fee to Princeton, you can use the data you submitted in filling out part of your Princeton application. Please note that the PROFILE isn't required by Princeton and is not accepted on its own; this option is offered simply as a convenience.

If your parents are divorced, separated, or unmarried and living in separate households, your non-custodial parent must complete a Non-Custodial Parent's Form.  If you are unable to provide non-custodial parent information, you can request a waiver by completing the Non-Custodial Parent Waiver Request.

Contact the Undergraduate Financial Aid Office

P.O. Box 591
Princeton University
Princeton, NJ 08542-0591
Phone: (609) 258-3330
Fax: (609) 258-0336